We came across this inspirational story on the WFXS Fox 55 news page and it made us think about all of our extended twisted family who face food allergies. How do you celebrate Halloween? How do your kids get to trick-or-treat? This mom is out to make a difference. Read more about her story here.
We’re glad to see someone advocating for a new trick-or-treat programs for the little ghosts and goblins with food allergies. We recommend having some of our gluten-free pretzels to hand out as a special treats. What kind of gluten-free treats do your children receive on Halloween?
Chances are you don’t really need a reason to have dessert, but if you’re looking for a reason to justify your indulgence, today is National Dessert Day.
It’s unknown when National Dessert Day started and how it got it’s “national designation.” If you love to celebrate, you can send someone a greeting card to celebrate this holiday.
The Kim & Scott’s team recommends indulging in an Apple Cinnamon Stuffed Pretzel to celebrate this national holiday. With apple swing in full season, get your twist on with one of our favorite twists. Perhaps you might think about melting some cheddar cheese on it?
How are you celebrating National Dessert Day?
To celebrate national pretzel month, we thought we’d share with you one of our favorite appearances from the Kim & Scott’s vault.
October is Spinach Lovers Month.
The Kim & Scott’s family loves this leafy green that is oh so good for you. That’s why it’s the showcase of one of our pretzels. While you are enjoying your Spinach and Feta stuffed pretzel, check out this classic Popeye Cartoon. This classic has a lot to do with the popularity of spinach!
Did you know that October is Vegetarian Awareness Month?
At Kim & Scott’s Gourmet Pretzels, we respect your choice to eat or to not eat meat. That’s why all of our pretzels are vegetarian. We want everyone to be able to enjoy the twist.
This month is all about informing others about vegetarianism. The North American Vegetarian Society provides an entire list of things you can do to spread awareness throughout this month. These are some of our favorites:
- Invite friends and family home for a celebration meal.
- Encourage restaurants, co-ops, and health food stores to support and publicize their vegetarian options, including in their promotional flyers.
- Host a potluck, picnic, or meal at a restaurant.
- Do food/cooking demonstrations or food samplings.
- Eat meat-free for the day or throughout the month.
- Learn how a vegetarian diet can benefit you personally.
- Try the meatless options available at local restaurants and eateries.
- Discuss vegetarianism with your interested friends, family and co-workers.
- Host a meatless meal or potluck for your friends.
- Eat meatless meals on a regular basis.
How will you be spreading awareness?