Did you know that October is Vegetarian Awareness Month?
At Kim & Scott’s Gourmet Pretzels, we respect your choice to eat or to not eat meat. That’s why all of our pretzels are vegetarian. We want everyone to be able to enjoy the twist.
This month is all about informing others about vegetarianism. The North American Vegetarian Society provides an entire list of things you can do to spread awareness throughout this month. These are some of our favorites:
- Invite friends and family home for a celebration meal.
- Encourage restaurants, co-ops, and health food stores to support and publicize their vegetarian options, including in their promotional flyers.
- Host a potluck, picnic, or meal at a restaurant.
- Do food/cooking demonstrations or food samplings.
- Eat meat-free for the day or throughout the month.
- Learn how a vegetarian diet can benefit you personally.
- Try the meatless options available at local restaurants and eateries.
- Discuss vegetarianism with your interested friends, family and co-workers.
- Host a meatless meal or potluck for your friends.
- Eat meatless meals on a regular basis.
How will you be spreading awareness?