- The original song was written and released by Hank Ballard in 1959.
- Chubby Checker made the song and dance popular in the 1960s.
- The single became a hit and reached number one on the Billboard Charts on September 19th, 1960.
- Dick Clark has his hands on this song! Chubby Checker performed it on American Bandstand.
- In 1988, The Fat Boys featuring Chubby Checker made the song popular again.
To celebrate the anniversary of Chubby Checker’s Twist, grab your favorite flavor of Kim & Scott’s Gourmet Pretzel and snack while watching this performance!