Happy Social Media Day to all fans of our online communities today!
We wouldn’t have such a fun and active community if it wasn’t for great fans like you. Did you know you can interact with the Kim & Scott’s community in other places besides our Let’s Talk Pretzels Blog? You can also join in on dialog around topics we’re passionate about on all five of the following social spaces:
- Spread the word of peace, love and pretzels on Facebook! Find our Kim & Scott’s Gourmet Pretzels fan page at http://www.facebook.com/kimandscotts and interact with other pretzel fans, upload pics of yourself enjoying our delicious pretzels, watch videos and share our twisted pretzel world with your friends.
- We are all “a-twitter” with thoughts on the twists and turns of healthy eating, empowering our youth, being socially responsible, and keeping you in the loop on all current Kim & Scott’s news and events. Follow us on Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/kimandscotts or you can even follow Kim (pretzelmom) and/or Scott (pretzeldad) directly!
- Would you like to see Kim & Scott’s featured on the Food Network’s, “Road Tasted” with the Deen Brothers, or see Kim & Scott interviewed on Donny Deutsch’s “The Big Idea” on CNBC? We’ve uploaded all video footage of these shows and other video we have captured on our You Tube page. At http://www.youtube.com/user/kimandscotts, you can watch Kim & Scott talk about their delicious pretzel creations and what inspires them.
- See visuals of all our twisted fun at http://www.flickr.com/photos/kimandscotts/. Browse through pictures of our twisted team members, company activities, or Kim and Scott– like at the 56th Presidential Inauguration in Washington DC!
Foursquare (Kim & Scott’s Cafe Twist in Chicago)
- Check-in on your mobile device when you’re at Kim & Scott’s Cafe Twist in Chicago’s Lincoln Park and receive a special discount on your purchase!
There’s something about the week before our nation’s birthday that inspires the American spirit in all of us. Our founders, Kim and Scott Holstein, embody this very spirit which is the fuel that keeps our company thriving!
Since 1995, Kim and Scott have grown our business from a kitchen in Kim’s studio apartment to a national presence selling millions of pretzels each week through grocery store chains like Albertsons, Jewel and Whole Foods. The duo has also been named “Entrepreneurs to Watch” by Entrepreneur Magazine, profiled by the Food Network’s Road Tasted with the Deen Brothers and Roker on the Road with Al Roker, CNBC’s The Big Idea with Donny Deustch, USA Today and selected as one of 100 top urban entrepreneurs by Inc Magazine (just to name a few accolades).
It’s stories like this which empower and inspire the spirit in all of us to follow, persevere towards, and accomplish our dreams.
What’s empowering you to follow your dreams today?
Posted in Pretzel Power
Tagged 4th of July, all-natural, chicago pretzel, Gourmet Pretzels, homemade pretzels, Kim & Scotts Gourmet Pretzels, nut free, Pretzel Power, Pretzels With A Purpose, Soft Pretzels, Stuffed Pretzels
Today, we’re gearing up for yet another weekend full of Kim & Scott’s Gourmet Pretzels events! Here’s a rundown of where you’ll be able to hang out with our twisted pretzel crew this weekend:
- 5:00pm – 9:00pm: Art de Triumph & Christine’s Concepts in Design benefit for Masonic Hospital. Join us and our Lincoln Park neighbors, Art de Triumph and Christine’s Concepts in Design, for their annual summer launch of new work in their galleries. All proceeds from the launch benefit for our neighborhood hospital, Advocate Illinois Masonic Medical Center. Event will be held at 2936 North Clark Street in Chicago, IL.
- 9:00am – Noon: Alderman’s Summer Safety Fest tomorrow at the Lincoln Park Farmers Market featuring a performance by the Wiggleworms at 9am and a twisted hula hoop contest. We’ll be on site handing out samples of our yummy soft pretzels and partaking in all the fun!
- 6:00pm – 10:00pm: 3rd Annual Summer in the City Rooftop Party to benefit Imerman Angels at the Lakeshore Athletic Club this Saturday. Admission includes 2 free drinks, food (including Kim & Scott’s Soft Pretzel Bites), music, & good karma for giving to such a worthy cause! Click here for tickets >>http://bit.ly/aXBdYU
Have a great weekend and hope to see you at any of these wonderful events this weekend!
Posted in Events, Kim & Scott's Cafe Twist, Twisted Events
Tagged all-natural, Chicago, chicago pretzel, Gourmet Pretzels, Imerman Angels, Kim & Scotts Gourmet Pretzels, Lincoln Park, nut free, Pretzels With A Purpose, Soft Pretzels, Stuffed Pretzels
This weekend, we invite you to join us at the 3rd Annual Summer in the City Rooftop Party to benefit Imerman Angels. The event takes place at the Lakeshore Athletic Club this Saturday, Jun 26th from 6- 10pm. Imerman Angels matches and individually pairs a person touched by cancer (a cancer fighter or survivor) with someone who has fought and survived the same type of cancer (a Mentor Angel). Admission to the event includes two free drinks, food (including Kim & Scott’s Soft Pretzel Bites), music, and good karma for giving to such a worthy cause! Click HERE to purchase tickets. We hope you can join us!
Posted in Events, Pretzel Power, Twisted Events, Twisted Links
Tagged all-natural, Chicago, chicago pretzel, Chicago Rooftop, Gourmet Pretzels, Imerman Angels, Kim & Scotts Gourmet Pretzels, pretzels, Pretzels With A Purpose, Soft Pretzels, Stuffed Pretzels
In this week’s edition of Pretzel Dad’s Den, Scott shared a new mobile app with us called CauseWorld. Essentially, CauseWorld is a mobile app that lets you help the world while you shop! All you need to do is walk into one of the many stores you most likely frequent anyway, such as Trader Joes, Borders, and many others, pull out your phone, open the app, and check in (just like Foursquare). By checking in, you earn karmas from CauseWorld sponsors which you can donate to specific organizations to improve the world. In CauseWorld, karmas = actual money! A few of the many organizations supported by CW include: the American Red Cross, Livestrong, Feeding America, Heroes at Home and Autism Speaks. How cool is that? To learn more about CauseWorld and how you can contribute to hundreds of charities by simply checking in, check out their website >> http://bit.ly/9N1BV2